How long should I wait for them to hatch? EDIT Updated with video!

ponypaw

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 1, 2011
My golden pheasants were due to hatch yesterday evening. They are right now about a day late, and there is no peeping nor any indication of any kind of pipping. The temp did get down by about 5 degrees for a few days while I was struggling with my incubator. I am hoping that slowed down the growth is all but still. With no signs of life I am worried. Before lockdown I did a candle of a few and saw movement so I know they were alive then. How long should I wait before I give up?
hmm.png

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
I do not know anything about pheasants, but I would wait at least 2-3 days. I just had a hen hatch an egg that cooled off several times because she kept getting back on the wrong nest. Everyone says that eggs can't count..

Updating as I checked today and one of them had finally cracked the shell! He seems to be taking a break but I can see movement so he's still hanging out in there lol!. Still not peeping though. I guess maybe they're just a quiet breed. Least this batch seems to be.

Another update to say I have a chick!
ya.gif
love.gif
Also one more seems to be cracked which I did not see til this one was knocking eggs around. XD No word on gender yet as he is shy apparently but I am very happy! <3

Videos of the baby! So far I think 2 others have pipped, but they are being lazy like their sister. XD

newborn

Six hours old

Back
Top Bottom