How long should I wait for them to hatch? EDIT Updated with video!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ponypaw, Jul 4, 2011.

1. ponypaw

ponypaw Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2011
    My golden pheasants were due to hatch yesterday evening. They are right now about a day late, and there is no peeping nor any indication of any kind of pipping. The temp did get down by about 5 degrees for a few days while I was struggling with my incubator. I am hoping that slowed down the growth is all but still. With no signs of life I am worried. Before lockdown I did a candle of a few and saw movement so I know they were alive then. How long should I wait before I give up? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  2. Crabella

Crabella Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Inland Pacific NW
    [​IMG] I do not know anything about pheasants, but I would wait at least 2-3 days. I just had a hen hatch an egg that cooled off several times because she kept getting back on the wrong nest. Everyone says that eggs can't count..

3. ponypaw

Jul 1, 2011
    Updating as I checked today and one of them had finally cracked the shell! He seems to be taking a break but I can see movement so he's still hanging out in there lol!. Still not peeping though. I guess maybe they're just a quiet breed. Least this batch seems to be.

4. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I just love golden pheasants. Good luck with them.

5. ponypaw

Jul 1, 2011
    Another update to say I have a chick! [​IMG] [​IMG] Also one more seems to be cracked which I did not see til this one was knocking eggs around. XD No word on gender yet as he is shy apparently but I am very happy! <3

6. ponypaw

Jul 1, 2011
    Videos of the baby! So far I think 2 others have pipped, but they are being lazy like their sister. XD

newborn

Six hours old

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by