How long should I wait for them to hatch? *More Q's in post 4*

JustMandy

Songster
9 Years
Mar 2, 2010
Sorry, it's my first hatch.
smile.png

They were due to hatch 10.10.10. Two started on 10.9.10 one hatched the next afternoon, then 3 more throughout the day.

I had 11 eggs that I candled before lock down and were all moving.

When do I give up on the others?

How long will the chicks be okay in there while I wait? One is coming up on 24 hours.

Last edited:
Okay, I moved teh babies out but then all the levels went nuts and there are many more hatching. I think they "pipped" does that mean they broke that first hole?

So the humidity went down, I inticipated that so I added hot water before I took the babies out but then it got really high.

Within a half an hour it went something like this:

80 to 65 to 90 then back to 80ish.

I know there's nothing I can do about it now but would that big flux be a problem?

The temp went a little wonky through all that, too but not as bad. It might have gotten down to 96 but my bator has been running a degree or two low the whole time.

It's ok. The temp & humididity may fluxuate, but inside the shell, it stays the same. The incubator will re-regulate before the eggs change at all. They can handle it!
The lower temp is why they are slow to hatch. I keep my Sportsman 1502 at 99.5 degrees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured that about the lower temp. I don't fully trust my thermometer and the last time I tried to up it a couple degrees, I over adjusted and the bator was 111* for a few hours.
sad.png

My water probe temp has been a steady 99.

Ok not to steal the post here but my hatch day was Saturday I had 14 hatch Saturday 5 hatch yesterday and so far 2 hatch today. If the other 2 dont hatch or pip by tomorrow I should get rid of them Wednesday?

I woke up to 4 more babies! Thanks for telling me to be parient.

I kept wanting to "help" them but my newly formed BYC inner voice kept screaming "NOOOOO!!!" So glad I listened!

One pipped and one ? left.

Back
Top Bottom