How long till Chinese geese develop the 'knob" on top of their head?

These are my geese.
Believed to be a goose and gander.
I was told they are white Chinese geese, but I don't see a knob? They are about 5 months old maybe?

Then I was told they are possibly embdem geese View attachment 1129071 View attachment 1129074
do you have a picture of them when they were small? I have a 5 wk old and she’s pure yellow. She’s getting in some white feathers but all the baby pictures of Embden geese show a gray or brownish color in their fluff. I’m so curious.

They are def chinese geese
ABC36EB4-0807-4E35-9DA0-FC6FEF3EBA5A.jpeg
Any idea what my little one might be?

Thank you all for posting this thread. I pulled what I thought were two older pekin ducklings from the straight run pekin bin at local farm supply store earlier this spring. I correctly sexed them that day after watching YouTube video. Problem now that they’re 5 months old, they both have a basal knob! It’s not large like true Chinese goose pictures I’ve seen and the girls are huge compared to my full grown silver appleyard, Swedish, and Cayuga ducks.
Know I know the basal knob grows over time, they might be Chinese, but they’re not tall and skinny like Chinese geese. Anyone have a picture of a Chinese/emden cross?

z
Thank you all for posting this thread. I pulled what I thought were two older pekin ducklings from the straight run pekin bin at local farm supply store earlier this spring. I correctly sexed them that day after watching YouTube video. Problem now that they’re 5 months old, they both have a basal knob! It’s not large like true Chinese goose pictures I’ve seen and the girls are huge compared to my full grown silver appleyard, Swedish, and Cayuga ducks.
Know I know the basal knob grows over time, they might be Chinese, but they’re not tall and skinny like Chinese geese. Anyone have a picture of a Chinese/emden cross?
Some birds labeled “Chinese” by hatcheries tend to be more of an intermediate between Chinese and African.

Back
Top Bottom