How long to leave chicks outside?

CPT

Songster
Sep 19, 2017
Star, Idaho
Hi! We have some 7 week old Wyandotte chicks that we felt were getting too big for the brooder. So we moved them into their new coop! Kept them inside for 2 days so that they get to know their new "home" and just let them out today. Our existing flock and roosters seem to be integrating with them ok.....I'm wondering how long to leave the chicks outside today?

Last edited:
Hi! We have some 7 week old Wyandotte chicks that we felt were getting too big for the brooder. So we moved them into their new coop! Kept them inside for 2 days so that they get to know their new "home" and just let them out today. Our existing flock and roosters seem to be integrating with them ok.....I'm wondering how long to leave the chicks outside today?
Just make sure they go into the coop at night, as new chickens have a tendency to want to sleep wherever they end up when it's dark.

Thanks! They couldn't figure out how to get back in the coop last night. Hubby and I had to corner them and put them back individually. :hmm I think I'll need some netting around the perimeter of the coop so that they can figure that out on their own. Even meal worms wouldn't lure them in.

Back
Top Bottom