How long to let paint dry?

I finished painting my coop last Thursday, (though I painted some small roost parts on Sunday) and had read patandchickens advice on another post. Left the doors/windows open for days and days...just checked today after leaving everything closed up...still some paint smell....so another day or so will be fine while I get more things done inside for the chicks. I thought it was great advice and some things we novices don't always consider.

Although, I am sure resisting the temptation to answer "when it's dry" was too hard for some
big_smile.png
...(said in jest
wink.png
)

There are all these new eco-paints out there that are very low or no VOC. Even without going all the way into the good stuff (Benjy Moore Eco-Spec or Mythic Paints) for your chickens - if you are buying new paint you can always compare the VOC amounts in each choice. I do this any time I buy paint.

Personally, I'd be inclined to use up some of that paint siting in the basement (how about a different color for each coop wall!?), but if I were buying new, the above is what I'd do. Look for the best combo of low VOC and low cost.

Back
Top Bottom