How long to sit for Soft boiled Quail Eggs ?

Buttercup Chillin

Songster
11 Years
Oct 27, 2008
SouthEast TX
Does anyone soft boil their quail eggs. We eat soft boiled eggs quite often and I would like to have a dozen soft boiled quail eggs for breakfast in 7 or 8 weeks. This came up for discussion this morning when we had soft boiled eggs for breakfast.

So, if you do, after you bring them to a boil how long to let them sit off the heat. 1 minute?

Oh, wow--that is going to be a challenge!! I think you're going to have to play around with them some to figure it out because I imagine your specific conditions (such as altitude, which affects the boiling point of water, for instance) are going to affect it and I suspect you're going to have to be extremely exact given the tiny size of the yolk.

At our house, two minutes immersed in boiling water and then left to cool produces pleasantly hard boiled eggs. If I were going to try soft, I would try 1.5 minutes immersed in boiling water in a basket for quick removal, then I would run them under cold water. Then I would go from there based on results.

Good luck with that and let us know how it goes. We ADORE boiled quail eggs--I love them way better than chicken or duck. We're saving up right now to take a large number of boiled quail eggs down for a family re-union over the fourth of July. They make wonderful party treats!

I've read anywhere from put them in boiling water and take out as soon as returns to boil, to 1 1/2 minutes, with 2 minutes for firm yolk. But I want a soft runny yolk for my first eggs. So, guess it will be play time when I finally get eggs. It's going to be a long waite.

At least one of my ducks has gone back to laying, and no adult drake for now, so I get to eat all of them. The simple pleasures of keeping egg layers.

Back
Top Bottom