I am anxious to get my huge chicks out of my house. They are more than ready to go outside. Coop should be finished this weekend. Problem is I live in Oregon and although it is supposed to be mid-70's Fri and Sat and almost 90 on Sun we just finished a huge rainstorm and will likely get more rain next week (and continuing on like this through June). The bottom of the run right now is gravel, at least 3-5 inches worth. Can I layer sand over that by early next week after a few days of strong sun or do I really have to wait until mid-July when we've had straight blazing sun and no rain for weeks? I'd rather not have all my sand disappear into wet muddy ground and have to replace it all. Thanks for any help!