How long will 2 cockerels fight after they have ben separated from all hens

title says all
It depends on the roosters/cockerels.

Some will fight, & figure things out.

Some will fight until the other cowards, & keeps his distance.

Some are merciless, & will keep beating up the other cockerel until severely injured.

Some will actually kill the other. (Almost experienced this with a couple Orpington Brothers)

Could be 30 seconds, could be until one is dead.

If they can't see any hens and have space to get away from each other it shouldn't last too long or get too bad
yes this is what I mean. I just need to know if they will be violent even if they have to hens to fight over. The internet says that they should not fight too much/its normal for them to have a pecking order and fight a little bit it should not get bloody is what the internet means

They will almost certainly still draw blood. But it should not go much further than that. Even hen squabbles sometimes draw blood
True to that. My first Buff Orpington hen got into a hen fight, & half of her comb was ripped from her head. Alot of the tissue was discolored, so I had to amputate that half of comb.

Cockrels? Not full grown roosters right?
Young guys tend to have a lot of little petty fights.
They"ll likely give you more problems trying to see any hens in a mile radius.
Taking away the female form bothers them much more than another guy hanging around.
i forgot count of age but somewhere a little over 2.5 months the roo wattles have been coming in around 2 weeks ago

Back
Top Bottom