How long will it be before my ducks start laying mixed eggs?

ILMD2

Hatching
May 7, 2021
I have 5 female Rouens, 1 male Rouen, and 1 male Pekin duck. Several weeks ago, I separated 4 females with my male Rouen and left 1 female with my male Pekin because I wanted to hatch out some pure Rouen ducklings. Since I was waiting out the two week period to where they should all be pure eggs, I only started collecting recently. However, I had a bit of a mishap today and all my rouens got in with my Pekin. I'm wondering if there is a safe period where my eggs will still be pure or if I just botched the entire thing? Any info would be appreciated 😅

I have 5 female Rouens, 1 male Rouen, and 1 male Pekin duck. Several weeks ago, I separated 4 females with my male Rouen and left 1 female with my male Pekin because I wanted to hatch out some pure Rouen ducklings. Since I was waiting out the two week period to where they should all be pure eggs, I only started collecting recently. However, I had a bit of a mishap today and all my rouens got in with my Pekin. I'm wondering if there is a safe period where my eggs will still be pure or if I just botched the entire thing? Any info would be appreciated 😅
Im not sure about ducks, but for chickens, eggs will be fertile for up to three weeks after they mate.

tenor (1).gif

It's botched.
Although they can hold the rouen's sperm for a few weeks as soon as they bred with the pekin they'll also have his so they can start laying eggs with his within a day or so.

Last edited:
Yeah, they’ll already start laying mixed eggs. You can still set them and most of your eggs will be pure, but like the Moonshiner said 2-3 weeks untill it’s all out of the system.

Back
Top Bottom