How long???

Yay! That's so exciting!
I've just had one pip in the wrong spot. It's sort of half way down the egg. Not too sure what to do.
I will get you some photos of the 3 that's hatched so far :)

I'm not sure.. i just noticed the external pip just before. I haven't opened the 'bator to do anything yet because I'm not sure how to proceed.

Bad photo sorry. Had to take a sceeen shot from a vid clip I got earlier. These are the first two chicks :)
Yellow came out first and the darker one second. The third is a mix of yellow and dark.

They are very cute....
I am no expert, I have helped 3 out that were positioned wrong before but they all managed to pip in the right spot to start with, they just couldn't get any further because their legs were in the way. I guess if it has only externally piped a little while ago its no use rushing to help it, as it's probably not ready yet. Do you think it is Malpositions, did it have a weird shaped air cell when you last canalled it???

Thanks, they are sooo little! :)

It's air cell was normal when I candled on day 17. I've decided to leave it for 24 hours and if no progress is made I'll see what I can do.

They are small, but grow fast enough..... still very cute.
Sounds like a good idea, better to loss one then the whole lot because of opening the incubator.....
Hoping for a chick soon....

The wait from pip to zip is painfully slow. I'm still waiting for some that pipped almost 24 hours ago.
I'm hoping you see your first chick soon :)

Back
Top Bottom