How loud do banty roosters crow?

PtldChick

Songster
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
Portland, OR
I can't have roosters (due to crowing) but I was wondering if banties have a full crow, or something less I might be able to get away with.
wink.png

Thanks

Last edited:
I had a silkie roo for awhile that had a very loud crow, and I have a mille fleur d'uccle roo right now that has a loud crow and he likes to crow ALL DAY! Sorry. In my experience the little bantam boys can be just as loud as the standard roosters.

Yes our Silkie roo is very loud! then other two Cochin roos join in with their feeble attempts...then he crows louder....arrrgh I cant find a new home for the two Cochin boys (tried everywhere)

My frizzle bantam rooster is pretty loud...we live on about 3/4 of an acre and their coop is in the backyard about 30 feet from the house....and when we are in the front yard...we barely hear him. My mom had a RIR rooster and my little bantam could certainly compete!

All of my bantams have crows just as loud as full size roosters. It's just a higher pitched screech! VERY annoying.
hmm.png

My bantams are way worst then my big chickens...they crow all day and its really high pitched...they are also fond of doing the 'oh no its danger!' for long periods of time
roll.png

My Silky roo, Harry, crows so loud he could wake the dead, and is so very proud of himself he crows whenever the mood strikes him, all day long. My little black Cochin frizzle roo, Freddy, doesn't crow quite so loudly though.

deb g

My banty BR would crow in the morning and throughout the day, it was a shrill crow and louder than you'd expect from so small a chicken.
Fortunately I was able to rehome him, that was a stroke of luck. I would not recomend trying to keep one "under cover". It won't be long before the whole neighborhood knows he's there.
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom