How Many Animals Do You Keep That Are Considered Pets To You?

I have fish/shrimp, four chickens, two quail, a pigeon, a dog, and several cats. They’re all pets. I used to have a rooster-only flock, and whenever people would ask why I had them, I simply answered that all my chickens are pets, and that includes the roosters.

Wait a sec.... what did you say? You have shrimp? That’s so cool, where do you keep them?

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    653.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20201015_161927.jpg
    20201015_161927.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 2
Total animal count fluctuates between about 15 and 50. But only three, the dogs, are pets. The chickens and rabbits are food and breeding stock.

:eek:Woah!

I keep them in a 10 gallon aquarium. They’re a type of dwarf freshwater shrimp called red cherry shrimp. The biggest they get is an inch and they live about a year. They breed very quickly.

That’s so cool!

We have 2 dogs, & 3 cats.

86 birds, count includes turkeys and guineas.

I keep chickens as both pets, & food. 13 are gonna be butchered including the turkeys soon.

86! Wow, nice job!

2 horses - both unwanted rescues, 1 is a gelding that follows me like a puppy dog, the other is a spoiled rotten mare that is a daddy's girl. Rofl

1 dog - shepherd / aussie mix, getting up there in his years.

1 cat - part Maine coon, part tabby and always my bedtime snuggler.

9 cockerels of various ages (trying to find homes for a bunch of them, hubby said we can only keep 3) and 11 pullets of various ages.

1 pet rock - it sits on my kitchen window sill, my daughter made it in kindergarten as a mother's day present and it's been with me ever since.

They are all my babies and I love each one dearly. 😍

Back
Top Bottom