How many are breeding for Blue Australorps here in America?

I got some blue Australorp and blue jersey giant chicks on accident. My rooster was a wheaten splash ameraucana and he bred to black jersey giants and black Australorp. No hint of red or buff anywhere in the one that's grown up already. Then this last hatch I ended up with 4 more! I was so thrilled to end up with more beautiful babies like that.

Do not try to breed them pure or sell them as Blue Aussies or Blue Jersey Giants because you now have a genetic mix of pea combs, single combs, and yellow skin birds. Aussies are supossed to be white skin, JG are yellow skin, along with other genetic anomalies like yellow soles of feet vs. pinkish white soles on Aussies. God knows, they will never breed true, sorry, no matter what you call them.
Kurt

Last edited:
Hi Chet,

Wanted to let you know that We are breeding BBS Australorps.
We are on BYC as BluRooFarm OH. I had contacted you last
year, and you referred me to Kurt Cam, Rattlesnake Ridge.
We drove to WV, and got a beautiful Blue Aussie Rooster, and
blue, black, splash chicks. The birds have grown to be beautiful
and healthy birds. Kurt is a great breeder, and wonderful to do
business with. I highly recommend him. He has been so helpful
in building our flock, and just a wealth of knowledge.

Take Care,
Tara

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
wanting to start a bbs australorp project. bought eggs from kurt last summer. hatched 6 chicks but lost them in the extreme louisiana heat this past summer. wanting to start early this time. would be interested in a breeding pair as well.

thanks,
Patrick

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting a most wonderful and generous man. And I brought home a most wonderful addition to my flock... Meet Denali!
Kurt, I hope you like the name, Denali is the tallest mountain in North America.

Hi everyone! I've been reading, learning, and wanting to get into these beautiful birds. This is where I found Kurt Camm of Rattlesnake Ridge. I hope to keep learning, and do this breed justice. Kurt, I can't thank you enough and I look forward to visiting again this spring.

Beautiful Splash Aussie! Not surprised that he came from Kurt (RattleSnakeridgeWV). We highly recommend Kurt.
We starting breeding from Kurt's Birds, and we are so pleased. Kurt is great to do business with and very knowledgeable.

Tara
BluRoo Farm OH

Beautiful Splash Aussie!  Not surprised that he came from Kurt (RattleSnakeridgeWV).  We highly recommend Kurt.
We starting breeding from Kurt's Birds, and we are so pleased. Kurt is great to do business with and very knowledgeable.

Tara
BluRoo Farm OH

Yes, he's great to work with. I plan on getting some hatching eggs from him this spring. I would ultimately like to have a blue/black/splash flock going.

Back
Top Bottom