How many are breeding for Blue Australorps here in America?

Yes, he's great to work with. I plan on getting some hatching eggs from him this spring. I would ultimately like to have a blue/black/splash flock going.

My splash rooster and 2 of my pullets (1 Blue, 1 Splash) that are laying eggs now came from Kurt as hatching eggs. I also have 3 POL pullets (2 Blues, 1 Black) from the Hupp line that I bought through Chase. I am planning on doing a 2017 Valentines Day hatch in my incubator. Yes, I know that I won't get any of the Black chicks from this match yet, but the Blues and Splashes are so pretty.

BlueBaby,
This next breeding season will have one pen with only black birds. Believe it or not, I had a lot of requests last year for just blacks and I was not set up for that. The second pen will be blue and splash only. Third pen will be a mix probably. You will definitely need some of my blacks in the spring if you want to keep breeding.

BlueBaby,
This next breeding season will have one pen with only black birds. Believe it or not, I had a lot of requests last year for just blacks and I was not set up for that. The second pen will be blue and splash only. Third pen will be a mix probably. You will definitely need some of my blacks in the spring if you want to keep breeding.

Kurt, you are right about that. I do need some more good black hens, and I still want a blue rooster. But I'm not sure about keeping a blue rooster from my own hatching from out of Flash, as I want to start a second breeding pen going using a blue rooster.

Right now, I only have 1 black hen that I bought from Chase that's from the Hupp line.

Last edited:
BlueB,
It is a shame that you are not closer. Denali had a blue brother and a black brother that Marcia picked from.
Kurt

Kurt, Diannastar recently put some hatching eggs from her Mr. Blue and her blue and black hens (Hupp ones) under another broody that she has, so maybe there will be a little blue boy that I can trade her for. She is interested in my future splash girls, and she lives in Arizona too.
wink.png

BlueB,
It is a shame that you are not closer. Denali had a blue brother and a black brother that Marcia picked from.
Kurt

And it was a tough choice! But I must say I am more and more impressed with Denali every day. Such a wonderful personality to go with such good looks! I didn't think I would ever again love a rooster as much as I loved Bazinga but it looks very possible now.

I thought that I would show a new pic of mine that was just taken today. The 2 Splashes and the Blue on the left are from the hatching eggs that I got from Kurt (Rattlesnake Ridge). The other 3 pullets on the left I bought as pullets from Chase, who got his from Chet (Hupp Farms). It is so hard to get a good pic with all of them in, because they don't like to stand still.

LL

Back
Top Bottom