How many back up their computer on a timely basis?

I have used Carbonite off-site storage for about 2 years. It's well worth the money because it backs up everything that you specify automatically every few hours--pictures, word files, excel sheets, everything. You don't even have to think about it. Also, if you are traveling and need something that's on your desktop, you can get it onto your laptop from Carbonite. My desktop is older (2006) and I do worry about it failing someday, so I try to be prepared. You don't have to be a computer geek to use these off site storage things. Just go to their website, pay, install, and choose passwords, etc. It takes it from there. Just be sure you choose a good, reputable one.

I agree with the post about having really good anti virus protection installed. Mine updates itself continuously and does a deep system scan every night. It will notify me immediately if anything fishy tries to get in. And.... their customer support is awesome. I've used it for about 6 years on all of my computers, including our business system. Good protection provides great peace of mind. Of course, I'm sure someday, something will come along that will sneak past, but so far so good.

ETA: Thanks for the info on Carbonite. I just checked it out and it seems very reasonable for what they offer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom