How many birds can my coop hold? *Pics*

This is what my coop looked like 3 years ago.
DSCN5728.jpg

This is what it looks like now. Plus two other coops and a lot more birds!
image copy.jpg

Someone mentioned the chicken wire is not safe. I've always used welded wires that Coons can't reach through and strangle any chickens. But I was wondering if it's okay to use some chicken wire since welded wire is so costly and hard to work with.

Someone mentioned the chicken wire is not safe. I've always used welded wires that Coons can't reach through and strangle any chickens. But I was wondering if it's okay to use some chicken wire since welded wire is so costly and hard to work with.

What predators do you have?

Dogs, coyotes, and other strong predators rip right through chicken wire. Weasels and rats slip right through it.

I'd only consider chicken wire to keep the chickens in if I had hot wires on the outside keeping the predators out. :)

We have coyotes but most of them are trapped by a deer farm that we are neighbors with. And they are way to scared to come close. We have fox but they have never come close. I don't know how any weasels in the area but I'm sure there around. We have coons and I think one strangled one of my meat chickens this year. No dogs. There are bears but they are way to scared to come close to the house.

Back
Top Bottom