How many birds per tractor?

The various Ag Extension articles I was reading recently suggest 1.5-2 square feet for bird for raising Cornish X to butcher in the vicinity of 8 weeks.

So 8'x8' is 64 square feet. Divide that by the suggested numbers and you get 32-42 birds.

How often your move the tractor is also a factor. :)

The various Ag Extension articles I was reading recently suggest 1.5-2 square feet for bird for raising Cornish X to butcher in the vicinity of 8 weeks.

So 8'x8' is 64 square feet. Divide that by the suggested numbers and you get 32-42 birds.

How often your move the tractor is also a factor. :)
x2. @RaulandJeanette prop safe to disregard the first few answers on this thread.

Thanks all for the replies! I'm putting 25 in this go round but thinking of upping number.
I think your birds will be quite comfy. How often do you plan on moving the tractor? With 2 sq ftg per bird I got away with every other day until 5ish weeks, then every day was necessary or they got pretty dirty. Also, is your tractor in a fenced area? I would let my birds out of the tractor sometimes. They never went far but seemed to enjoy moving around some. They would happily return to the tractor for evening feeding. Just something to consider. :)

Back
Top Bottom