How many BYC members have other avian pets?

firedancer57, is your Max a plucker? (Curious because it looks like he might be, my B&G is horrible about it)

I don't have chickens yet (very soon!) but I do have a blue and gold macaw, and we had two cockatiels we gave to our neighbors when we moved recently. We'll be adding a couple of 'tiels to the household in November, but this time I'm going to get babies. (Pets for myself and my 12 yr old, they'll be his BD gift) (And if anyone happens to breed 'tiels near Montgomery, Alabama, please feel free to spam my PM box with prices for hand-tame/hand-fed babies!)

I have a white bellied Caique named Donut.

DO1.jpg

DD

Quote:
He is beautiful!
love.gif

I have two cockatiels, two lovebirds, and two parrotlets! I love my caged birds, although I probably won't get any more after these ones pass away because I always feel guilty that they live in cages and want to build an aviary for them (but I can't afford it). They're very sweet, though, and I try to give them the best life I can.

i have 4 rescue parrots. i have one congo african grey, one timneh african grey, one senegal, and one meyers parrot (can you tell i like birds from africa lol) . parrots are one of the best thing in my life but they do take lots of time and tons of money. i think you will be happy with a flock of finches, they are easy to take care of and are fun, they most likely will not like to be held but they are fun to watch

I have one Red Factor canary that sings his heart out and I just adopted two Blue Masked lovebirds today from the Humane Society. Hubby wants to go back and get the three parakeets they had. My house is going to be very noisy. I can't wait.
clap.gif

I have one African Grey who I continue to battle the plucking problem with. He was seized in a "breeder gone bad" situation. When I got him(her?) He was practically bald. At least now he has some feathers regrowing. Now if I could just get him to leave the rest of his feathers alone...
roll.png

grey6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom