How many BYCers cannot drive a straight drive (manual) vehicle?

Can you drive a straight drive?

• Yes, It's the only thing I drive.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I prefer not to.

• Kind of; I know how to crack it up.

• No, never learned how to.

• No, and I refuse to.

• Other - Please specify.

• Total voters
I voted other because I know how to drive a manual transmission but we do not own one right now. When I married my husband almost 20 years ago we both had newer vehicles and they were both manual transmissions.
I love manual transmissions but the inventory dealers carry is minimal and resale is low.

i'm just now learning how to drive period. all of my family's vehicles happened to standards, so that is what I'm learning on, barely ever driven an automatic. i'm glad i'm learning on a stick.

My first car was a 5 speed Mazda RX-7. When i got a new car, it was auto and I was scared to drive it, never had driven one. I now prefer autos as long as it's not a sporty car. Sports cars should all be manual!

i like it unless i am sitting in traffic. then theyre aweful. my little '94 saturn gets 39mpg, so when gas was $4, i was LOVIN my stick! i wish it was running, (our truck gets 8 & 12mpg!!!) but i have a cracked radiator and have to get up the courage to fix it myself... (theres spiders in the engine right now. E!)

I learned on a standard, my first car was a three-in-the-tree Ford Falcon. I don't even think about it. Now hubby is driving my five-speed Ranger and I'm relegated to the Camry, I still go for the clutch when I'm coming to a stop!

Boyd, I'm with you, I can drive just about anything with a motor and wheels - boats, too, if those are the propellers you were talking about. I've always wanted to learn how to fly, though!

Quote:
With my new tires and i only get 6 maybe 7 mpg in my 84 f150 i love my truck

20380_my_truck.jpg

Back
Top Bottom