How many chances do you give a hatchery ?? When is it enough??

I understand the issue with money being taken out of an account when you can not afford to have it taken out. My husband gets paid once a month so by the end of the month if we are not careful we could get in big trouble. I was lucky my husband did an extra job so got a little money which covered the issue but if he had not I would have been in a world of hurt.
I am also there with you as I do have other chicks coming from another source later this month so I do hope they arrive on schedule so I do not have too many new babies to take care of at once. :eek: My son is outside late making new pens to make sure we have enough to fit them all.
tongue.png
I think he just likes cutting things up
wink.png

Aloha! I just received my very 1st order of 21 chicks (originally ordered 25, but they were sold out of the 4 bantams)! All but 1 survived the trip to Hawaii BUT Ideal Hatchery was very professional in handling my shorted order! They immediately credited my card with the $ for the 4 bantams. I do plan to order from them again in the fall!

I haven't heard anyone say anything about My Pet Chicken.

I used McMurray... got 26. 11 died with in 6 days.

Next time I'll probably use McMurray again and split the order with someone or else My Pet Chicken, because I really won't need 25.

People really need to be super careful using debit cards. Some companies place holds on your account for FAR more than the actual charge. If you're running tight this can cause other charges to bounce which then freezes everything.... It snowballs really fast.

One gas company holds 300% of your charge in your account until they have "verified reciept" of their money.

I agree with banks "out of hand".

I am sorry for your DOA animals and your money mix up. I just wanted to let you know that I have purchased from Ideal at least 5 times, Ducks, Guinea, Geese, Bantams and Standards. I have never had money problems and have only lost 2 DOA.

There have been threads in the past about DOA this time of the year because of the extreme heat in many parts of the US.

As for Straight Run being mostly males, that is unfortunately the luck of the hatch. I have hatched eggs a couple of times. First time, 80% females, this lat time 90% males. Go figure....

I hope you are able to get your chicks and then get on with the joy of chickens..

Ive ordered from Ideal a lot. I typically order chicks from them 2-3 times a year. I have never had a problem. They've never charged my credit card early..usually not until right before they ship..sometimes i have them by the time the charge shows up on my account.

I think *all* the hatcheries have problems from time to time. I order from ideal because they are the closest good hatchery to me. Imo, thats the key..the chicks not having to travel far..rather than *which* hatchery you use.

And ordering chicks this time of year is very iffy. Ideal is in Tx. Im in Oklahoma. Im a one day trip from them. But youd never see me ordering chicks this time of year. Our average temps this time of year are between 100 and 102. It doesnt take long in a mail truck for temps to hit 120+

I ordered from Ideal my one and only time so far.
Out of 17, 1 died the 2nd day.
I am in N.Ohio, far from Ideal and the chicks took 2 days to get here. We had hot humid upper 80's in early July.
I ordered all pullets, stressing that I wanted no males.
The hatcheries closer were either out of my breed choices, out of pullets, seriously back ordered or 25 minimum. I actually only wanted 9 or 10 birds but ordered more in case of loss from the long distance transit. So now I have 16 pullets; with fingers crossed they are all pullets.

Mahonri ~
There is a post somewhere
smile.png
pertaining especially to My Pet Chicken, and people's experience with the company.
I ordered five pullets and that's what I received. The order was shipped Monday, and my post office (whom I had notified on Monday) called me Wednesday morning to let me know they had arrived.
Five healthy chicks, peeping up a storm, and each one female.

Carla

That is great for all of you who use Ideal and love them. Our temps have not been that high here mostly up and down(80s to 95) but no more than a brooder pen would be. I finally got my money back yesterday after calling my bank and telling them this was the second time Ideal had over charged me. I told her the first time it was an overcharge and the second time it was them trying to give me credit but instead charging me twice. Took her all of 2 minutes to do a charge back...now why could they not have done it earlier?? Sometimes banks amaze me. Anyway they*Ideal* are going to send replacements and we will see what happens then. Texas is about a 12 hour drive from here depending on what part you go to. Our bank is in Texas*(sounds strange but I don't want to say what or why over the internet). Anyway it only takes the mail from the bank a couple of days to get to me and that is just regular mail. Hoover is in Iowa a good ways away and they came all alive and well, this time of year. So I am not sure if it was the cooler to warmer climate that helped them or what. I was told by my postmaster that the guy who delievers to him puts the chicks up front with him ... maybe other trucks don't and had them in the back?

Back
Top Bottom