How many chickens can fit in here I'm ordering chicks and need to ASAP please help!!

MattSiewrt

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 6, 2013
The three sides shed is 7 feet wide, and 17 feet long I thought 20 I have 6 chickens in there and I was ordering about 10 chicks please help

7x17 is 119 sq feet. The rule for a coop is 4 sq feet per bird plus 10 sq feet for a run. If that's only the coop than it's big enough for 30 birds. If it's run and coop in one, it's good for about 8-10.

Percheron hit the nail on the head. If you have an outside run, the rule is 4 sq ft per bird in the coop and another 10 sq ft per bird in the run.

What breeds are you looking to order?

Well I let them out 4 5 times a day and they roam the whole years I have alot of land and jersey giants and other breed I'm have a mixed flock of many things

Can I check my math here then? With 4 birds you need a hen house/coop room 4x4 and then another 4x10 feet of run space?

Originally Posted by MattSiewrt

Can anyone tell me lol ?

Percheron Chick told you In post #2, thomasboyle confirmed his numbers in post #3. Each bird needs approximately 4 sq ft of coop space, you could do the math.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom