How many chickens can i fit in here?

here is a pic of the extension. It isn't very big at all, but it will give a little more room

Attachments

• Chicken House (3).png
    Chicken House (3).png
    440.9 KB · Views: 15
I wouldn't put more than 2 or 3 chickens in there. That little house might sleep about 8 cramped up, but they will spend most their time scratching in the run, you need to make their running yard much bigger. For 8 birds I would make their run at least 8 x 10. The biggest you can afford will be best.

The coop itself is too small for very many birds. In my opinion, a 3' x 4 1/2' coop will only hold about 6 birds MAX and that will be tight. You will only be able to have one 4.5' of roost length. I assume the food and water will be out in the run and they will be locked in the coop at night?
My chickens have a 10'x16' room for a coop, with 2 roosts that are 8' long. They fight for the prime roost spots and I had to seperate the roosts to 2' apart so they would stop pecking the hens on the other roost. I have 2 hens that refuse to use the roost and sleep on the "porch" in-front of the window. My chickens will go outside in the rain, but windy days or snow they will stay in the coop all day. I am in northern Wisconsin though, we had 25 degrees F today, it was sunny and they spent the day outside scratching through the leaves I put in their run.

Back
Top Bottom