How many chickens can I have in coop

gotta love a thread where someone asks for advice, then doesn’t like the advice given and goes ahead justifying their bad decisions anyway.

i’m in on this one!
I’m not saying I’m not going to take the advice, but right now they are doing well with the space so I don’t see a reason to get rid of any right now if there is no problem. I don’t want to get rid of some of my birds unless I have to, they are very much my pets

I’m not saying I’m not going to take the advice, but right now they are doing well with the space so I don’t see a reason to get rid of any right now if there is no problem. I don’t want to get rid of some of my birds unless I have to, they are very much my pets
But to the point, you did ask "How many can I have." And now you know. So if you chose to have more than you should, that's where it ends. To keep trying to get a different answer to support having to many chickens (not ducks,) in an area to small for them is just cutting into the time you could be spending out there strategizing on how to make it bigger. Check out the medium coops section for creative and cheap ideas that shouldn't take 9months, can be done in shorter order. Or don't but I hope you do for your sake and your chickens and chicken's you want to add. No disrespect, just trying to be helpful.

you asked the question and the answer, from everyone, was “less than you have now”

how well they’re doing now doesn’t change the fact that they’d be much happier with much more space.

Not exactly from everybody. I agree they should not try to add any more (and I tried to explain why) but as I said I don't think they will see any problems with the nine they now have, with some reservations if winter is really rough there. Those magic numbers that so many people blindly believe in are just general guidelines. In some circumstances they are overkill, more room than many people need. In some cases they are not enough, say when you integrate.

There are too many differences in our set-ups, weather, flock make-up, goals, management techniques, and so many other things that we don't all have identical requirements.

Back
Top Bottom