Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 31-40

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • 41-50

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 50+

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
Sadly it happens. I got the snake. I'll take him to my hay guy farm. He has no animals, so he welcomes the snakes for his barn. I've had many predators this year. Mainly coyote.
I've had coyote too. Game warden said to just shoot them, but the problem is I am never around when they are. They are smart enough to know to stay away when I'm around, of course.

Currently in the process of building a 16X16 shed that will have 2 coops 4X8 with a 240 square foot run each and one coop 8X8 with a 320 square foot run. also ill have a freezer, fridge and a sink for butchering and storing fresh meat. Oh and also a 55 gal fishtank for breeding tilapia.

Currently in the process of building a 16X16 shed that will have 2 coops 4X8 with a 240 square foot run each and one coop 8X8 with a 320 square foot run. also ill have a freezer, fridge and a sink for butchering and storing fresh meat. Oh and also a 55 gal fishtank for breeding tilapia.
Wow what a cool set up! I have an old pond that needs cleaned out. I'd love to have sustainable fish there but I'm not sure I could manage a fish tank. You've got some awesome goals.

I am not referring to chickens exclusively intended for meat, as they are usually only around short term.

We are measuring out space and comparing coop designs to build a new coop. My pre-fab coop was for up to 20 chickens but I have larger breeds so 17 has pushed the limits, and I still want more! When browsing designs the largest I've seen are for up to 30 chickens which got me wondering, how many chickens does the average person have?
Started with a six, then 4 more... added a few, carry the one-
I had as many as 50(!).
Lost the older gals to old age, one to congested heart failure, a few to [different] predators- I'm just shy of 40 now. I refuse to count anymore!
If anyone asks, I just say I have a 'few'! 50 was a bit hard to keep track of. My current flock is more manageable. I have no idea how people are able to handle 100+!

The number of chickens I have is classified information. We often have helicopters flying over to try and find out! :lau
Started with a six, then 4 more... added a few, carry the one-
I had as many as 50(!).
Lost the older gals to old age, one to congested heart failure, a few to [different] predators- I'm just shy of 40 now. I refuse to count anymore!
If anyone asks, I just say I have a 'few'! 50 was a bit hard to keep track of. My current flock is more manageable. I have no idea how people are able to handle 100+!
I have to say, there have been a few nights I've given up trying to count my birds. And even when I do, have to group them. I know I have three from my original flock, seven pullets from last year, two white ones from a backyard hatch, and five "littles" recently added. Makes it slightly easier to check everyone.

Back
Top Bottom