Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 31-40

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • 41-50

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 50+

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
I've had coyote too. Game warden said to just shoot them, but the problem is I am never around when they are. They are smart enough to know to stay away when I'm around, of course.
Yeah I've shot a few already. My buzzard friends appreciate the free meal. So it works out. Lol but I have the same problem. They pop in when I'm not there to protect them.

Wow what a cool set up! I have an old pond that needs cleaned out. I'd love to have sustainable fish there but I'm not sure I could manage a fish tank. You've got some awesome goals.
Fish tank is for breeding, got a 275 gallon tote and cut top off for the main portion of the fish. Have a 12v dc pump cycling water thru a swirl filter that will eventually supply an aquaponics set up in the geen house. The pump and lighting runs off a 100 watt solar panel. total cost to set up the "fish tank" is about $500 give or take. You tube has some awesome videos that can give you some good ideas. One lesson I ave learned in the process is not to have the tank in to bright of light as algae will grow fast.

I have 3 hens, 23 months old and 5 pullets 14 weeks old.
I've had as few as three, and as many as ten, since I first got chicks, March 2016.
I get 6 or 7 sexed day old chicks every couple of years.
I have 2 coops with a capacity of 6 and 7 LF chickens. No integrating done here. GC

I'm not sure anyone in my house knows the correct number except for myself, so I know what you mean. I am secretly saving some eggs for a broody too... Shhh....
I don't even know my numbers most of the time. It changes all the time.
I just told my husband we need a incubator 🤣🤣🤣 the wide eye look he gave me. 🤷‍♀️😂🤣 his reply was " You can't be trusted to have an incubator.."
When my wife catches me setting eggs, she always says, "Do we really need more chickens?"
What's that something about... don't count your eggs before they hatch? Good luck on your future babies!!
Good point. I rarely have a 100% hatch rate, even after culling clears upon moving to hatcher.
Right now I have about 40 chickens and 50+ birds in total.
'About' - that's the term I always use too. ;)

It's a safe way of saying "I don't know how many birds I have, but it's probably more than two."
When I had 7 buildings of chickens and someone would ask how many I had, it took a while to do the math. I want to get back there again but I'm dismantiling a grow out building and replacing it with two 3 unit breeding houses. My old breeding complex it currently unused as I have to repair some serious security issues.
I only have two buiildings housing birds now and I still don't know an exact number. What adds to the confusion is that about 5 of them have started sleeping in trees and i found a hen on a nest under some mowing equipment.

Back
Top Bottom