How many chickens do you have?

I have 30-40 I lost count a while ago
wink.png

Wow, I'm surprised at the restraint of the folks with only 2 or so baby chicks. I can't go to the supply or feed store without rescuing 2, or 4.
( i am a hoarder, aren't i?)

Last edited:
I have

58 - 4&5 week old chicks (12 roos for sure)
6 - 2&3 week old ducklings
4 - 6 day old goslings
2 - 6 day old turkey poults

Still want some more, but hubby says not yet. My coop will be big enough for around 80! Live in the country with no limitations on how many I can get! Don't have any EE chicks yet and that's next on my list!!

lil'chickies :

I have

58 - 4&5 week old chicks (12 roos for sure)
6 - 2&3 week old ducklings
4 - 6 day old goslings
2 - 6 day old turkey poults

Still want some more, but hubby says not yet. My coop will be big enough for around 80! Live in the country with no limitations on how many I can get! Don't have any EE chicks yet and that's next on my list!!

I want more but my mom and dad say no
hit.gif
I watch the BST section see the silkies and want more
hit.gif

I quit counting at 150 and that's just mature hens not roos, not bantys, and of course not chicks. If I counted them all my DH would commit me. plus ducks, geese, quail.
th.gif

Yesterday we had roughly 60 (25 four week old chicks, 5 roosters and the rest mature hens) then last night I bought 41 mature hens (some of which I have no idea what breed they are) and 2 roosters. So that makes over a hundred. Thought my dh was going to kill me.

I'm thinking of going ahead and getting the colored easter chicks from feed store. I know I will give them a good home and not abandon them, my boys will love them as well as my friends kids, and I love surprises. They said they ordered the pullet mix, so hopefully no more roos!! Just won't be the EE that I want. Maybe next time!!

Back
Top Bottom