How many chickens?

darajosami

Songster
5 Years
Jul 31, 2014
South West Victoria, Australia
Hi, I have an enclosure that is roughly 2.6m by 1.1m with one roost that is 140cm and I also have a ladder that leads up to the perch. I also have three boxes that are 30cm (app 12") wide x 30cm (app 12") deep x 25cm high (app 10").

How many chickens can I keep in this if build a run for them to go into through the day?

Also, what size run would I need? Thanks

Are the boxes inside the coop, as opposed to being attached to the outside? If on the inside, they could be considered to remove that much space from the total living area. Your coop sounds about the same size as mine, roughly, and I have 8 pullets in it. It's a little more crowded than I would like.
For their run size, at least 10 square feet is recommended per chicken. Sorry I can't convert to meters easily, as I am a product of US public schools, lol.

Here is the link to pics I posted previously. It is much the same, except I have an extra perch which I will either find the picture of it or take another picture when I get home.

DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

And here is the perch, it is 140cm x about 20 - 25 cm. Excuse the mess, it needs a clean before use :oops:
20190827_163457.jpg

Attachments

• 20190827_163457.jpg
    20190827_163457.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 1
I am also thinking of using a shed that is barely used also as another coop which is 296 x 293. Will take a pic later or tomorrow
Here is the link to pics I posted previously. It is much the same, except I have an extra perch which I will either find the picture of it or take another picture when I get home.

DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

That was my view of it but still won't change mine although only paid for one furniture shipping crates made the other added to one also

Back
Top Bottom