How many days do Quail incubate? Dumb Question...

Marissa Van

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 17, 2013
New to this breeding and hatching of quail. We just bought 2 sets. 1 roo to 2 hens! I hope that it works out that's what our local breeder had suggested we start out with. I am curious how many days do we need to incubate the eggs? And also can anyone kind of break down a guide line of once the hen lays the eggs. like a 1,2,3,4,5 steps lol I need it kind of as a dummy 101 to help me with this as im COMPLETELY LEARNING!

Thanks in advance
wee.gif

I have not incubated yet but ordering my incubator soon. But the cortunix quail/texas A&M incubate or hatch around day 17. Stop turning eggs on day 14-15. Humidity 35% till day 14- 15 Then humidity up to 50-60% till hatch. But there is lots of detailed info on here just search.

I have stored eggs up to 2 weeks. The fertility rate goes down after 1 week. I haven't had horrible luck storing eggs longer than a week. I usually hatch no less than 200 eggs at a time tho. I have 300 in the incubator now and out of 300 I had 105 that were either infertile or started to form and didn't make it. When you store eggs the pointed side should be facing down in the carton. Keep at about 60 to 70 degrees. Everyone does it diffrent. Just have to see what works for you. Some people do what they call a dry incubation and I have had luck with it but I get more deformed birds when I do that. Some dont. So now I keep humidity up. Genes could play a factor in that as well being I didnt get my original eggs from a well known hatchery. I raise my birds to eat. Hope this helps.

Texas A&M are coturnix quail. Most coturnix hatch in 17-18 days but some will go to 19.

14 days at 99.7 degrees with 45-55% humidity

Lockdown on day 14 raise humidity to 70% lower temp by a half degree (if your bator is sensitive enough to do so)

If you go to the search bar at the top there is a link under it called advanced search, click on it.

Type your question in the new search bar it offers you, then scroll down to additional options

Under additional options there is a list, scroll down the list and click on Quail.

Now all of your searches will only include the quail forum, and if you can think of a question its been asked and answered at least ten times on here.

Back
Top Bottom