How many days the bad egg begin to explode?

speedy2020

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 24, 2010
I am trying to avoid stinking egg explode because the incubator currently in the house. Please share your experience. Thanks.

Oh gosh you are very smart to look for the answer to that!
I had an egg explode before..SOOO annoying and stinky to clean
barnie.gif

Normally you can safely throw the eggs out on the 27th day of incubation. Candle them first Juuust to make sure.
wink.png

An egg exploded under my broody on day 22, but fortunately nobody was harmed (apart from being temporarily gassed by the fumes!)

Sandie

Hey, I have your answer. Unlike others here, I don't candle my eggs I place on the incubator. After the hatch I toss the unhatched ones out and open them (from a distance) to see what their status was. I've had infertile eggs run the whole time and look fine when broke open. I've had broody hens sit eggs and some of them have exploded after more then 4 weeks. I've never had an egg explode in the incubator with my "lazy" technique. I have had them explode upon impact when tossed however when cleaning out the old ones from under a broody hen in the Coop---they were much older then 21-28 days however.

Quote:
I have 2 live chicks hatched 27th day and 28th day from incubator!!!!! - I was about to throw the eggs when I saw a pip - we are so glad we didn;t throw them so be mindful some chicks can be a good week late! Mine were and now they are running round the yard fine!

We had an exploding egg but it was under the broody hen not in the incubator - Very funny! She was not happy! -
lau.gif

She went on to hatch 5 eggs and 4 live chicks!
Oesdog -
cool.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom