how many days?

DPC poultry

Songster
9 Years
Dec 18, 2010
Mt. washington Ky
i am about to put some eggs in the bator but i was wondering how many days i could wait until i started incubating so that i can get as many eggs as possible from my hens

I didn't know this when I stored mine, but I guess they need to be turned 1-2x daily to keep the yolk from sticking. I didn't do that, but mine seem to be hatching just fine. Out of 36 eggs, I currently have 5 hatched, 2 zipped, and another 9 with tiny pips in them. Hoping for a pause in pipping so I can get the early ones out to make room for the others.

good luck! i have hatched a lot of eggs but ive always bought them from other people because i cant keep a rooster where i live but i finaly got permission so i can hatch my own eggs now. what kind of birds do you have?

I have a brahma rooster (he's the guy in my avatar), and my hens are: 1 BO, 5 EEs, 1 SLW, 1 Production Red, 2 Brown Leghorns and a cochin bantam. (The banty hasn't laid an egg in 2 years, so her fate may be sealed unless my mom wants to keep her as a pet.) So, the chicks are all mutts, but very colorful so far. I'm going to post pics once they're out of the incubator. I'm also getting some Buckeyes, Dark Cornish Cross and who-knows-what in the mail on Tues. I specifically wanted the Bucks, but the breeder I'm getting them from only has 2 hens, so she didn't think she could get an order of 25 together. So, I requested a Buckeye/surprise package. It will be fun to see what shows up! What kind of chickens do you have?

Back
Top Bottom