How many different kinds of Silkie are there?

Quote:
but then id need an incubator. and have you seen how much those cost? like, $90 at least! i would be washing windows till im 50!

Quote:
not at the moment... i only have one semi-mature silkie pullet (and 2 pullet babies), and she isnt laying yet. maybe in the spring...

more cuckoo
big_smile.png

took a few snapshot this afternoon
7576_dscn0010.jpg

7576_dscn11.jpg

7576_dscn13.jpg

Quote:
but then id need an incubator. and have you seen how much those cost? like, $90 at least! i would be washing windows till im 50!

I bought my incubator at TSC for $48 something with tax like $50 bucks

Quote:
I made the lavender cuckoos in my d'anvers. They are fairly easy, breed cuckoo males to the lavenders, breed the offspring back to cuckoo again and your there. May even get a couple in the f1 project

I understand that lavender will soon be an accepted variety in Silkies. Anyone have an update?

Quote:

I bought my incubator at TSC for $48 something with tax like $50 bucks

Be ware of those Little Giant incubators Tractor Supply sells. The ones I bought as well as numerous other members reports on here, never hatched squat. Their thermostats are so cheaply made and fluctuate so much in the cycle (up to 8 degrees on mine). I never could get anything to hatch in them. Even tried to just use them as hatchers for the last 3 days, they'd still cook them. As for small styrofoam ones, yes they run about $90, but it's hard to beat a Hovabator, they'll hatch anything you put in them...

Havent heard on the lavender silkies. It usually takes many years for new colors to get recognized, and they just havent been around in pure silkie for very long, may be a ways off yet...But then again you know how silkie folks are, they can be persistent, LOL

Back
Top Bottom