How many diffrent hatch dates is to many ?? opinions please

gabrielle1976

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Columbia river gorge
I just went to a MOPS meeting and a freind there brought me 12 eggs her triplets had painstakingly gatherd over the last 7 or 8 days, I have a couple problems.

#1 I already have 35 eggs with 2 diffrent hatch dates in my LG bator..well actually 3 diffrent hatch dates but one hatch date is just one egg.
Should I ad them and say to heck with it , whats a 3rd hatch date?
They are between 7-8 days and 4 days old already.
#2 I lost control of my self and did an crazy auction last week , now I have eggs on the way I was gonna set the 12 eggs and the 6 that are comeing at the same time at least but the other eggs wont be shipped till saterday makeing it tues/wens or even thursday next week befor they come, by then the other 12 eggs will be between like 9-14 days old.. thats not so good right?
#3 Is there some sort of shot or pill you can take to curb this addiction, maybe a patch or some gum?

Thank you
Sincerly . Overwhelmed...

barnie.gif
th.gif

Last edited:
No one?

OH and one more question there are like 4 little banty eggs , I ask her what kind of banty and she said silver penciled and rose comb banty, anyone know anything about these kinds of bantys are they teh reall small kind meiduim big , are they freindly?>

I don't know how many is too many.
Is this your first hatch ever?
I could see if being a little over whelming if you're just starting out.
Do you have another bator to hatch in?
Carolyn

No patch, no gum...we are thinking about a support group though!

I have several hatches in the incubator now. The key to multiple hatches is having a seperate incubator and hatcher. Then you can hatch til your hearts content!

My inpatience....got the better of me this time....It is my first.....Day 21 was today for one out o fthe yard....(already hatched about an hour ago.......day 21 on some from thesilkiechick is tomorrow for 6 of them......day 21 is Saturday for 6 of them from Dipsydoodledoo.....and then like 4 days later.....I put in 6 from my yard...out of curiousity.....

I will let you know as the weekend progresses!!!

BoJo

I have a home made stryo bator that holds temps fairly well but its small , Im looking into getting a bigger stryo cooler if i can find one , the one I have can probly only hold 8 eggs or so . I dont like it cause it has a tapperd bottom so its starts out ok sized but by the time its at the bottom its small, drives me nuts but anyways.
I coud use that for the one egg but I dont think the 12-14 of the second hatch could fit.
I went around lookinf for eggs and at first didnt find any and now im buried in them
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom