1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How Many Do Polish Hens Lay a Year?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Buddyfarm11, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Buddyfarm11

Buddyfarm11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Phoenix,Arizona
    My Coop
    I Have a Question How Many Eggs Do Polish Hens Lay a Year I Have a Polish Hen Who Has Layed Only 2 Eggs In Her Life She Just Started Laying Like About a Month ago Is It Normal For Her To Lay This Amount Of Eggs Thats Her In The Picture She Is a White Crested Blue Polish Hen[​IMG]

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    pOLISH aRE kNOWN fOR bEING pOOR lAYERS. iT dEPENDS wHERE yOU gOT tHEM fROM. hATCHERY bIRDS lAY bETTER tHAN aVERAGE nO mATTER tHE bREED.

3. terryg

terryg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2007
    New England
    Polish are decorative, and their eggs are a side-benefit :) There's great variation in laying even within breeds, but as a rule your Polish will lay about 3 to 4 eggs a week. They'll stop for a long molt, and won't lay at all in the winter. The up side of not being very productive is that they tend to have long lives. The hybrids, like Golden Comets, that lay eggs daily for two years tend to die by the time they are four years old. OTOH, I've heard of Polish who have lived to be 12.

4. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

5. LindaCT

LindaCT Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2011
    My Polishes lay a couple of eggs a week, my mom says they're delicious hardboiled. They also scream about it pretty loudly.

6. Buddyfarm11

Buddyfarm11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Phoenix,Arizona
    My Coop
    I Did Not Know That Thanks For The Info It Helped a lot

7. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX

well, I wanted to answer but I can't stand every sentence looking like a movie title. It's too hard to read. No, I have poor eyesight but it's not easier to read, it's harder when you use caps to begin every danged word.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by