How many duck eggs did you get today?

Pics
Bloom is what it's called. Could be a new layer. One way to tell who is laying is to put food coloring around the outside of the vent different color for each bird then when the bird lays the shell will have that color and you'll be able to tell who is laying.
That's assuming that you can catch them. Not going to happen around our farm, alas.

I think this is the first morning since they started laying, or *someone* started laying, we haven't woken up to a duck egg. :( There are three, but I'm not sure if they've all started. I tried looking in the bedding and still no dice. I'll look harder again later today...

I think this is the first morning since they started laying, or *someone* started laying, we haven't woken up to a duck egg. :( There are three, but I'm not sure if they've all started. I tried looking in the bedding and still no dice. I'll look harder again later today...
When mine first started laying last month, I would get an egg later mid morning about half the time. But they seem to have their kinks worked out because it is every morning from both by 730. Maybe you might be surprised later today.
Maybe they hid theirs too. Man I really had to explore, this was my seocnd look this morning too...first pic is their normal spot, looks like nothing there. 2nd pic is after I dug down some layers. They definitely buried those lol. Every morning the eggs have been sitting right on top of the hay, easy to just pluck out after opening the door...not today. I actually felt bad taking them today 🤣
20230203_084359.jpg
20230203_084408.jpg

When mine first started laying last month, I would get an egg later mid morning about half the time. But they seem to have their kinks worked out because it is every morning from both by 730. Maybe you might be surprised later today.
Maybe they hid theirs too. Man I really had to explore, this was my seocnd look this morning too...first pic is their normal spot, looks like nothing there. 2nd pic is after I dug down some layers. They definitely buried those lol. Every morning the eggs have been sitting right on top of the hay, easy to just pluck out after opening the door...not today. I actually felt bad taking them today 🤣View attachment 3394373View attachment 3394374
Right? Same here. It's usually right there in top waiting for me, but it was also a colder night last night. They are smart lil critters.

Back
Top Bottom