How many duck eggs do you get? What do you do with excess?

I would definitely get more muscovy's if I were you. We love ours and in your case they are great because they don't lay a ton! I don't know your location, but we sell muscovy's in Va if you are interested :)
I love my muscovies, but want to try something new. I have places near by that I can go to get more muscovies. They are very abundant since they are great brooders. Which you know. 😁.

We get 3-4 duck eggs per day most days now. Mixed flock of mallard derived ducks (8 ladies). Between the duck eggs and the 48 chicken eggs I get somewhat regularly from my neighbor, we have eggs FOR DAYS. I have started to freeze eggs to use later - mostly to feed to my dogs, but also for human consumption (baking). I've also started baking a lot. And we eat them for breakfast. Haven't thrown any away yet, but my chest freezer is filling up!
Unfortunately I can't eat duck eggs.

Give an egg a day to each dog, donate to food pantries and animal shelters, bake a lot, give them to neighbors and friends, sell them, pickle them, freeze them (google how to freeze eggs), have 3 egg omelets but discard all but 1 yolk, feed some back to chickens and ducks, allow some to hatch and bring them to fairs, livestock auctions, poultry shows or sell the chicks; I've done it all and I only have 11 chickens, 5 Muscovy, 5 mutt ducks and 3 geese. NO MORE! I hope...

Give an egg a day to each dog, donate to food pantries and animal shelters, bake a lot, give them to neighbors and friends, sell them, pickle them, freeze them (google how to freeze eggs), have 3 egg omelets but discard all but 1 yolk, feed some back to chickens and ducks, allow some to hatch and bring them to fairs, livestock auctions, poultry shows or sell the chicks; I've done it all and I only have 11 chickens, 5 Muscovy, 5 mutt ducks and 3 geese. NO MORE! I hope...
Duck math is like chicken math...😆

Back
Top Bottom