How many ducks fit in a small pond...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pbjmaker, Jun 11, 2011.

1. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    We were at a garage sale today and picked up a pond liner that was really small for $3.00. It is smaller than the kiddie pool. My husband dug it into the ground and filled it up. Well apparently it holds 8 out of 11 muscovies [​IMG] I will have to get a picture of them all squished in there. They were head to tail, shoulder to shoulder. It is a big hit (and was completely full of mud/poop water within minutes) It looks like it is filled with chocolate milk already!

We really though only 2 or three would use it at a time [​IMG]

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Maybe once the novelty wears off [​IMG]

3. keyt1969

keyt1969 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a small pond that we dug in the ground. We use an old pool cover to keep the water from seeping into the ground. It's about 4.5 feet around. We have 24 ducks of all shapes and sizes from Calls to Pekins. Not all ducks are in there at the same time. We had a small kiddie pool next to it but it was old and we finally had to give it up today. I also use a big snow sled with water in it and the smaller ducks go in that. When it's really hot, I also use the garden hose and spray them all down. They LOVE it when I spray them on the chest! [​IMG]

4. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Quote:Hose the duckies is a favorite game here, pool or no pool. They love it. It always ends with a big frenzy of preening.

5. AnaD

AnaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    N. Ca
    My ducks are really into the sprinklers. Funny to watch them and my two year old run around in the water.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by