How many Ducks should I get for my Drake?

MallardOnni127

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 24, 2013
Hello,
I have one Drake called Onni, he is a Mallard and I incubated him and hatched him. He is now 10 months old and is very special to me... Just a few hours ago his companion flew off due to the fact I hadn't clipped his wings recently, and as I'm sure you all know, Onni is feeling very lonely and I am trying to get him a companion asap. I am thinking about getting Ducks, seeing as this would mean we could have eggs on the odd occasion and maybe even ducklings? However I don't know how many to get. I have heard its meant to be 2-3 Ducks to each Drake but am not completely sure! On the other hand, would it be easier for me to just get another Drake?
Many Thanks

Hello,
I have one Drake called Onni, he is a Mallard and I incubated him and hatched him. He is now 10 months old and is very special to me... Just a few hours ago his companion flew off due to the fact I hadn't clipped his wings recently, and as I'm sure you all know, Onni is feeling very lonely and I am trying to get him a companion asap. I am thinking about getting Ducks, seeing as this would mean we could have eggs on the odd occasion and maybe even ducklings? However I don't know how many to get. I have heard its meant to be 2-3 Ducks to each Drake but am not completely sure! On the other hand, would it be easier for me to just get another Drake?
Many Thanks

If you don't want any ducklings get another drake. For mallards just one hen would work because naturally they split up into pairs. I used 5 hens for 1 drake for this breeding season.

thank you very much
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom