How many eggs did you get in January?

I am not sure how many hens i have at this time too many to try and count anymore, but i average 120 eggs a day from the nest area X 31 days comes to 3720.

I also have hens laying in other places besides the nest area but i do not count them cause, i feed them to the dogs or back to the chickens i do not need them to keep up with my sales.
flocks.jpg

I got at least 18 eggs a day from my 30 girls right through the month, as high as 24 one day. 18x31=558. Only my EE's have stopped cold turkey (pun intended), but I am sure they will jump back in when it warms up.

wow! Thats a lot of eggs!!
I have 5 chickens and got about 70-80 eggs
tongue.png
Is that good?
I'm not sure the age of them as the neighbour was giving them away due to ill health. But they are definately very spoiled
big_smile.png

We have 10 chickens, but I think that my 2 EE's that hatched at the end of May haven't started laying yet. That leave 8 layers. 2 of those are molting, and then 1 or two are just free loading for the winter.

I got 89 eggs in January.

We had a good stash of eggs built up for awhile. Then whenever we had more than 4 dozen in our fridge, we would give extra's away to friends and family. But now with the numbers down so much in January, we used up all of our extras and hubby actually ended up using a dozen store bought eggs!

I'm anxious for the number of eggs to go back up so we can start sharing with people again. I also love to make things like egg salad or deviled eggs to share at work.

I only got 138 eggs from my 11 pullets.

Of course, they just started laying Dec 30. I also made an excel worksheet to keep track of it. Most of my eggs are still medium with a few large in right now, but here are my weekly numbers so far...

1-2 11
1-9 21
1-16 43
1-23 44
1-30 53

December 3
January 138
February 37 so far as of the 5th.
Total of 175
1 soft shell, 1 found in the coop, one found in the run, and someone is laying a cute cute speckled egg regularly:D

All are production reds, and I haven't gotten 1 a day from everyone yet, but 2 days with 9 so far. I'm sure there will be much larger in the coming weeks, and more regular. Over the month, I am sure they are all finally laying. Last week, I got a couple of newbie eggs, much taller and skinnier plus very cream colored. Those are slowly darkening up, too.

Back
Top Bottom