How many eggs did you get today?

Nice everyone! Are your chickens molting? Some of mine are and I've only gotten 3 eggs today so far. My weekly average for eggs is only 3. After the molt they're laying will increase I think.

My chickens are molting. The poor things just stand in corners, looking uncomfortable, and these huge piles of feathers everywhere. I have 60 chickens and only get like 10 eggs a day (a lot of them are still young or are roosters, and my pullets are 16 weeks and should be laying any day now.

Mine to that too @GitaBooks even some of my friendliest hens won't let me pick them up. Some of my hens haven't even started the molt yet. :/

So the girls are molting and only producing enough to just get by.. We are having a party and decided to cheat and buy 'organic' brown eggs to use half for the macaroni salad. This just reconfirmed that we can't live without chickens. The small size and pale color of the yoke is pathetic! Go girls!

My 13 spring/early April pullets are laying from 10 to 13 eggs a day. One of the Black Australorps is out there in one of the nests gonna try it late it seems today, she's fairly new to laying I think, and that will make 11 today.
One was 82 grams! (I have an accurate gram scale that's accurate to less then one gram) that's Jumbo and a half size! From, I'm gonna guess, a Barred Rock from the cream colored egg shell...and one extra large at 66 grams was from either a Cinnamon Queen...or possibly a Black Australorp. Hard to tell from the light-tan shell since I've gotten eggs that color from both breeds.. The ex-large is probably another double yolker...the huge thing isn't an egg within an egg...I candled it...could be a big double..or a triple yolker? Any-which-way...it's big!

Nice everyone! I only got 4 eggs today still because of the molt. One of my hens layed a egg with a soft shell around it, it was all rubbery :/

Nice everyone! I only got 4 eggs today still because of the molt. One of my hens layed a egg with a soft shell around it, it was all rubbery
hmm.png

I get those pretty regularly. I think one of my hens is just prone to it because they get enough calcium.

Good evening all,
Well I got ZERO.
My girls have never laid yet.
My Maran as well my Cream Legbar / Amerucuna cross have both made depressions in the hay i provided to keep them warm from the heavy wind during the day. My Isbars haven't laid either,ever but they are young. The others are about 18 weeks and have just begun to squat if you touch their backs ( a good sign I am told.)

all of my hens make depressions in the pine chips in their coop.

Good evening all,
Well I got ZERO.
My girls have never laid yet.
My Maran as well my Cream Legbar / Amerucuna cross have both made depressions in the hay i provided to keep them warm from the heavy wind during the day. My Isbars haven't laid either,ever but they are young. The others are about 18 weeks and have just begun to squat if you touch their backs ( a good sign I am told.)

all of my hens make depressions in the pine chips in their coop.

Any day now!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom