How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Got 1 egg... while on vacation they were laying 4-6 eggs per day, since I got back ... 2-1 grrrr c'mon ladies, start laying! oh I have 8 hens...

16 eggs again today
thumbsup.gif

OMG...no eggs today (5 girls) told my husband maybe someone took them? oh did have a broken soft shelled egg in the coop this morning but that doesn't count...I hope tomorrow is better!

We love our chickens, and yes, we go crazy at times when waiting for that first egg. I have to admit, over the weekend, (this is my crazy part), oI went online and taped the sounds of different breeds of hens singing the egg song. I also taped a few roosters. This is where I went off the crazy deep end: I took that tape and played it to my girls. My always very quiet girls, reacted and chorused the egg song with the chickens on tape. Now this is the maybe I am not crazy part: Monday 2 of my girls did the egg squat. Today, 3 of my girls are doing the egg squat so I rubbed their backs and tails then all of a sudden, whoosh, they jumped up to the nest boxes. Am I crazy or did this actually work???
hmm.png

Yesterday I got 2 and today I got one got 3 girls and 2 lay on the same day every other day and the 3rd one lays a day after the other 2. and the 3rd girl lays every other day a day after the 2 other girls
tongue.png
lol if that makes sense
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom