How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

12 today! 😁 The chickens had entertainment all day. They watched my son and me dig holes and set posts for the big chicken expansion. It’s finally underway but will be a slow process. I originally wanted to do an acre but quickly realized how big an acre actually is! 🤣 So, we are going for half an acre which is plenty of room for them to roam and a lot less fence for me to put up.
In 1975, a friend and I were hired to repair/replace/create fence for a man that had several thousand acres. We wound up doing about 2 miles of repair and 3 1/2 miles of new. We pounded cedar posts for the repairs and T-Posts for the new. I hauled a lot of hay and wrangled many cattle back then, but that fence job was one of the hardest things I ever did so I feel your pain. :D

Fast forward 35 years....I set T-posts using a front end loader which took about 5 seconds each. I remembered back to 1975 and the thousand or so bucks I made on that job and realized how much easier I had it at that time versus then.

I don't know how old your son is, but building fence builds character. Haha

In 1975, a friend and I were hired to repair/replace/create fence for a man that had several thousand acres. We wound up doing about 2 miles of repair and 3 1/2 miles of new. We pounded cedar posts for the repairs and T-Posts for the new. I hauled a lot of hay and wrangled many cattle back then, but that fence job was one of the hardest things I ever did so I feel your pain. :D

Fast forward 35 years....I set T-posts using a front end loader which took about 5 seconds each. I remembered back to 1975 and the thousand or so bucks I made on that job and realized how much easier I had it at that time versus then.

I don't know how old your son is, but building fence builds character. Haha
That’s a lot of fence! I’ll stick to my half acre. My son is 18 and never complained except for when that giant briar wrapped around his leg! 🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom