How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

We got only one. Out of 64 hens... I keep forgetting to get more oyster shells 🤦‍♀️
I wouldn’t put all my money on the oyster shell bet. My hens only get a small amount of oyster shell in their scratch and they have not always had the scratch. Maybe there’s something else going on??? How old are they? With the exception of molting and winter time, my bunch lay good with or without oyster shell.

I wouldn’t put all my money on the oyster shell bet. My hens only get a small amount of oyster shell in their scratch and they have not always had the scratch. Maybe there’s something else going on??? How old are they? With the exception of molting and winter time, my bunch lay good with or without oyster shell.
We saved them from a humane society and they never told us thier age. But they do seem old. I know some of them are done laying.

16 hens and 16 eggs, a first from my girls. My two slackers are no longer slacking!
wee.gif
Wow! I’m still waiting on my new chicks to start. I opened the nest and put a couple of ceramic eggs in there. They are just turning 5 months old. Any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom