How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Only 9 eggs today. At lock up I did find one very dead hen ( probably died Tuesday night or maybe Wednesday). When I counted the birds last night I couldn't remember if the Meat bird was suppose to be counted as part of the 21 or not. Apparently, it was not supposed to be counted because when I counted it, I got 21 and did not realize that 1 hen was missing. It would have been too late by last night anyway, but... :idunno
My chicken sitter had told me that 1 wouldn't go in the coop on Tuesday night and 2 or 3 wouldn't go in the coop on Wednesday night, so I guess I am lucky that it wasn't more.

14 eggs today.
All 4 leghorn eggs looked good
Buffy laid
Lily is broody. Again. She goes broody every 6 weeks or so. I can’t let her hatch out until after the new year. We are traveling a great deal starting in a month and I don’t want chicks while I’m gone and a hen sitter is here.

3 from silky moved the Lakenvelder to the main coop after clipping one wing on each
waited till they had roosted as they do it with the silky only 4 from the main coop tonight but with crazy in the main it will not be open to the big yard tomorrow

5. From 4 hens. :idunno

She sure did announce it to the world when she was done laying her 2 eggs, the whole neighborhood had to hear her, lol.

I’ve always wondered about the egg song. I’d think announcing to all the predators in the area that you just laid an egg wouldn’t be the best idea.

14 eggs today. No soft ones. All leghorns laid. Buffy was in the box to give number 15 but she ended up not laying. I’m kinda worried about her. I’ve checked her over every day including tonight and I see nothin wrong.
Lily is still broody but spending most of her time out of the box once I kick her out. I prefer not to jail her until she insists on going into the nest. This way she eats and drinks more and sand bathes. If she doesn’t break before Tuesday late morning she will have free access to the nest boxes as I won’t jail her while I’m gone and the sitter is watching them.

Back
Top Bottom