How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Minus 10.

Pulled 8 from the hen house. 2 Duck, 3 Comet, 2 CornishX, and a Rainbow. Gave 18 to a neighbor who has been feeling badly, hasn't left the house for a week. Will likely make some Sourdough Challah with a few more eggs in the coming dats, drop that off for her too. She is NOT however, getting any of my blueberry black currant jam. We aren't that close.
I completely get it!
My raspberry sweet tart spread requires 1st generation blood relation proof for sharing privileges!
:lau

Four Five so far today, two girls in the nesting boxes now - yes, its late in the day, yes its "their" schedule, and yes, I expect at least one more later still.

The most recent three four are in the new incubator (its a Kebbonix 12 Egg digital - I'll write about it elsewhere if there's anything in its performance over the next 3 weeks worth commenting on), the rest of today's additions will join them, soon as they are gathered. Tomorrow's too, what doesn't end up as breakfast.

[Edited]

Last edited:
I got 2 eggs today! My silkie and D'Uccle left them for me šŸ„° ... they just started last week, and the silkie is a daily layer! I have one more silkie and D'Uccle (funny, they each paired off as buddies) that I am still waiting on eggs from. Hopefully they see the other girls and get to it! Between the 4 of them, it is a perfect number of eggs for my daughter and I.

We have two baby bantam cochin chicks at the moment, but from what I have read, I won't count on their eggs being frequent!!

Back
Top Bottom