How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

1/5 so far today
roll.png

Wishin they'd get on a early AM layin schedule :bounce: They lay at all hours of the day... which makes me wonder if they've hidden some while out free ranging
rant.gif

26 from our 30 GC's today. Teresa gathered up 23 of them at 4:30 this afternoon but when I went out at 7:00 this evening there were 3 more. Some of the youngsters like to lay late in the day. And something I thought was funny happened late yesterday when I was out watching ChickenTV at dusk. I usually let the Gals out about 45 minutes or so before dark and give them a chopped up head of lettuce, some bread, and whatever scraps that we may have left after dinner. They get to free-range and chase bugs afterwards until its dark and they go in the coop. While I was sitting there in the lawn chair I noticed of of the Youngster pullets we added back in May was right next to me under the little side table. In a moment she moved away and there was a freshly layed egg right where she just was and it was still wet. That made 25 for yesterday...

Back
Top Bottom