How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

2duck and one blood blister. Can't wear shorts either. 4 eggs in the bator. Don't think they are fertile but we will see. If they are, should hatch about the time these ducklings to outside.
Yesterday I only wore a t-shirt. I got a farmer's "tan." :eek: (Kinda red, though...)

I hope you have a very private yard since you went sans pants:lau
:gig :gig :gig Well we do, most of the time--except when the 4-wheeler season starts--and spring turkeys start on the 15th, but 99 out of 100 I'd be okay at present, but still... and there IS that rooster who hates me for some indiscernible reason. :eek: All other things aside, I'm still not quite up to that much liberation (or that much sunburn either.) :gig:gig:gig

04/8/2020
We just began getting 6 duck eggs almost every morning .
we get over 2 dozen chicken eggs daily

Our turkeys we have two female that are over a year old and as far as we know have never laid eggs.
we had them in a coop with our ducks and found they were eating the duck eggs
we separated them and our mystery of no duck eggs was solved
Do turkeys always eat eggs and could they be laying and eating there own?
The turkeys just began mating the last week.

Attachments

• 9E2BB2A4-3564-403E-B964-6704E2738C12.jpeg
    9E2BB2A4-3564-403E-B964-6704E2738C12.jpeg
    330 KB · Views: 0
Turkeys don't typically eat eggs ime any more than any other fowl. They can learn the behavior, though. Maybe there was a thin-shelled egg and it broke so easily that they ate it. I had three BBW toms who learned (somehow) that the insides of eggs are wonderfully delicious. I separated them right away and fortunately no one else had picked up on the behavior.

My turkeys free range most days and I've come across turkey eggs in all sorts of places. Some of them don't much care where they lay. Others pick out (usually inconvenient) places and lay there every time. Some even prefer the communal chicken nesting box, which is comfortably big enough for them. On occasion I find both turkey and chicken eggs on the geese's nest. :lau :lau :lau 🤷‍♀️ What the Hey, at least it's good exercise.

Back
Top Bottom