How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Since our last mis-hap, we have one (we call her ‘Mama’) layer right now, who gives an egg again pretty much every day... sometimes skipping a day. Mama gets a break... after her ordeal and mending up, we’ve given her the ‘free ride’ blessing anyway. Her newer sisters, still have some time to get through before they lay. Right now, they keep us entertained. We have three ducks and we do get an egg here and there, but with them, the hunt is on every day in trying to find them... Daisy, Dafney and DeeDee are good hiders. Lol

I’m approaching 16 weeks for my five females!! I’m getting them set up for their new housing arrangement, adding oyster shell... anything else or tips as I prep for hopefully some eggs soon?! I’m beyond ready to get this party started! 🤣
My gals were about 5 months old when they started laying for the first time, so if they f dat ont start up right away don’t worry.

I’ve been dealing with broody antics, so I’m averaging on 4-5 eggs from the ducks depending on what I can find. Also had an eagle attack last week and my drake was pinned down until I rescued him, so they are all locked up in their yard while he heals. It’s easier to find the eggs now.

ONE!! BEAUTIFUL!!! EGG!! *

*slightly poopy

Our first egg!
A8B635C0-C86E-4AC2-8C24-186B7386DA3D.jpeg

I gave away my KC as I had too many eggs! I still have 3 Welsh and 2 Swedish, so I’m getting 5 eggs daily! The frustrating part is that I discovered being allergic to the duck eggs, so I got 3 chicks and one is laying now. However, the one laying is a Red Island Batam , so the egg is minuscule 😂

Attachments

• 147818EC-E35D-459B-8F90-DF65DEAB81C7.jpeg
    147818EC-E35D-459B-8F90-DF65DEAB81C7.jpeg
    438.9 KB · Views: 5
I gave away my KC as I had too many eggs! I still have 3 Welsh and 2 Swedish, so I’m getting 5 eggs daily! The frustrating part is that I discovered being allergic to the duck eggs, so I got 3 chicks and one is laying now. However, the one laying is a Red Island Batam , so the egg is minuscule 😂
Wow! Normally its the other waY round. I have an intolerance for chicken eggs but could eat 100 duck eggs and be fine. Bantam eggs are the cutest!

Back
Top Bottom