How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

It can be quite the circus with so many broodies. I know that for a fact I mark all eggs under an broody so I can take out any new ones being added daily. And of course everyone wants to lay in the same nest box. :hmm
Yesterday I had 2 chickens in a nest cubby laying at the exact same time and 2 waiting in line complaining loudly... 3 other empty cubbies available....

Today I got one Barbra Lewis took the day off but Brandy laid her first egg. Oh and I'm posting these everwhere. 20200404_090911.jpg

I just need one more goose egg and I'm gonna give them a try in the incubator. :fl It may have arrived by now. I'm not sure how many will be fertile. I'll honestly be pleased if I get a couple to grow. If I get only one, well I guess it can hang out with any ducklings that hatch from the other incubator. Hoping for more, but who knows?

I feed an "Egg Maximizer" pellets from a farm supply store "Atwoods".
TELL ME WHAT YOUR SECRET IS,WHAT ARE YOU FEEDING THEM MUST BE IN THE FEED MY HENS ARE FREE RANGE , HAVE 3/4 ACRE OF GRASS TO ROAM ON I HAVE 14 HENS AND THE ROOSTER, THERE JUST MY PETS REALLY DON'T CARE HOW MANY EGGS I GET,CAUSE I GIVE THEM ALL AWAY,EXCEPT THE ONES I EAT.I DID KEEP TO POLISH HENS ,THEY LAY AGOOD SIZE EGG LOTS BIGGER THAN THE COCHINS DO BUT THERE A LITTLE STUPID ,BUT FUNNY THE WHITE WITH A BLACK HEAD AND NECK LOVES TO BE HELD, BUT SHE DOES THE DUMBEST THINGS ,I HAVE TO PICK HER UP EVERY NOTE AND PUT HER IN THE COOP SHE ROOST OUT SIDE ,BUT I LIKE ALL MY CHICKENS LOCKED UP SAFE AT NITE

Back
Top Bottom