How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Found a stash of goose eggs (five) buried in the hay next to the throne where Hannah goose has finally decided to sit (after I gave up and squeezed the thirteen eggs they had collected into the incubator). I was wondering whether the other two would continue to lay since they don't seem interested in sitting. If one of them does start sitting, maybe I'll give her some or all of the eggs I took--whichever ones have begun to develop.

Aside from that, I don't know... didn't count. Lots of chicken & turkey eggs. My duck eggs have hatched. I got fourteen... Anconas from one seller and a barnyard mix from another. So cute--I love their little feets and the saucy expressions on their adorable little faces.

I thought there were only two (Daphne x1, Muscovy x1), but then I found my pied Muscovy’s secret nest with today’s egg, yesterday’s egg, and a “bonus” egg that I didn’t know was missing. She did that weird “vibrating duck” thing when I found her secret nest. She’s clearly showing “pre-broody” tendencies. She’s the one that spent almost all of last summer on the nest. Hopefully, she can at least enjoy some nice weather this year. The current nest is in her daytime “duckio”, all safe and tucked away.

Daphne is continuing to lay beautiful perfectly-shelled large green eggs. No sign of her issues returning yet.

Tonight‘s dinner will consist of a sausage, potato, and onion frittata. Time to use up some eggs!

Found a stash of goose eggs (five) buried in the hay next to the throne where Hannah goose has finally decided to sit (after I gave up and squeezed the thirteen eggs they had collected into the incubator). I was wondering whether the other two would continue to lay since they don't seem interested in sitting. If one of them does start sitting, maybe I'll give her some or all of the eggs I took--whichever ones have begun to develop.

Aside from that, I don't know... didn't count. Lots of chicken & turkey eggs. My duck eggs have hatched. I got fourteen... Anconas from one seller and a barnyard mix from another. So cute--I love their little feets and the saucy expressions on their adorable little faces.

Well now, you can’t just tell us about their little feets and saucy expressions and NOT provide pictures! :pop

Back
Top Bottom