How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Well what do you mean @HalfWayUpAMountain ;)
I don't think there's been a day in this house for at least a month without home baked cake or biscuits / cookies being freely available....

And all thats being made without any eggs due to the mega and staggered molt across my ladies and my OH's love of fried duck eggs on toast.

Brits love ginger cake when the temperature drops - mine has so much ginger in it, you break into a sweat when eating it. So really, its for health reasons (right ?!) :D

I don't think there's been a day in this house for at least a month without home baked cake or biscuits / cookies being freely available....

And all thats being made without any eggs due to the mega and staggered molt across my ladies and my OH's love of fried duck eggs on toast.

Brits love ginger cake when the temperature drops - mine has so much ginger in it, you break into a sweat when eating it. So really, its for health reasons (right ?!) :D
Yes defiantly for health reasons. LOL my health reason is chocolate I just looked up a recipe for home made hot chocolate that I will be putting together on our cold nights. Is this ginger cake like our ginger bread?

There have been more hawks coming around lately but that would not explain it. Even the Mockingibirds and bluejays are gone. They don't migrate. My ducks could care less about the hawks, just the drakes look up at them with the side eye .
They must be pretty protected then? We had a hawk attack a couple months ago and My Muscovy female had some small wounds to her face but she lost sight in her eye from it even though she had no wound in her eyes. Which means they have limited time on the upper part of the fenced in property unless i can be up with them.

Yes defiantly for health reasons. LOL my health reason is chocolate I just looked up a recipe for home made hot chocolate that I will be putting together on our cold nights. Is this ginger cake like our ginger bread?
Not sure - I make specific type which we call Jamaican ginger cake which is essentially sticky strong ginger cake. Its really amazing with tea or coffee.

Just to be confusing, we would refer to a ginger biscuit shaped as a man as a gingerbread man.

Tweak that recipe a smidge and make them in a round shape, it would be a ginger snap or a ginger nut biscuit..... bcos Brits only really like crunchy biscuits (cookies).:rant

Re chocolate, I am struggling to get chocolate brownies right so if you know of a good egg free recipe, pls ping it over !

They must be pretty protected then? We had a hawk attack a couple months ago and My Muscovy female had some small wounds to her face but she lost sight in her eye from it even though she had no wound in her eyes. Which means they have limited time on the upper part of the fenced in property unless i can be up with them.
I am sorry about your Muscovy girl being attacked - did someone see the Hawk off or did she protect herself ?

I am sorry about your Muscovy girl being attacked - did someone see the Hawk off or did she protect herself ?
I’m not sure what happened. I assume it was a hawk the puncture wounds she had on her face. Thankfully what ever happened it never got hold of her very good because the wounds weren’t deep. I lost a bantam rooster a year ago to a hawk my tiny roo put up a fight but there was no way he could have won.

Back
Top Bottom